NOBLESSE LUXE PUBLISHING
"Redefining The High Life"
Established in Chicago
CONGRATULATIONS TO "INDIE"
A GRAND CELEBRATION
On December 19, 2011, The Fragrance Foundation announced that it has received 36 "Indie" entries representing 30 brands for the 2012 "Indie" FIFI Award category.
The Fragrance Foundation is in partnership with Elements Showcase New York honoring the fragrance industry's best achievers for niche and natural perfumes.
The "INDIE" category represents men's, women's or shared fragrances that was only represented in 2011 by only two "INDIE" perfumers, but with the success and attention garnered by 2011 achievers in the "INDIE" category, the 2012 nominees are eager to represent that #1 spot of "BEST IN INDIE" for 2012.
The eagerly anticipated award presentation will take place on January 30th at the Elements Showcase in a ceremony honoring five finalists and announcing the winner.
The winner is not only honored with a title and FIFI Award but due the generosity of GIVAUDAN ( a global leader in the fragrance and flavour industry) will provide a check to the winner in the amount of $10,000!
The following is a list of the 2012 FIFI Award nominees:
- A Dozen Roses Collection: Gold Rush, Iced White, Shakespeare in Love from 360 Degrees Inc.
- Atelier Cologne: Vanille Insensee Cologne Absolue from Atelier Cologne
- Blu Oltremare, Bois 1920 from Perfume Holding Corp
- Burning Barbershop from D.S. & Durga
- Carner Barcelona "Cuirs" from Min New York
- Come L'Amore, Bois 1920 (Perfume Holding Corp)
- Debonair: Eau Dandy from smell bent
- Dimanche from Strange Invisible Perfumes
- Divine Gardens from Denver Art Museum (DSH Perfumes)
- Eau Pear Tingle by Opus Oils
- Eva Luna Eau de Parfum from Providence Perfume Company
- 40notes Perfume Limited Edition Signature Perfume Collection: Spring Vetiver; Winter Flower; Exotic Ylang Ylang; Cashmere Musk; Exquisite Amber and Oudwood Veil
- Frapin "1697" from Min New York
- Geisha Amber Rouge from Aroma M Perfumes
- Hope by Tallulah Jane
- JOUANY Marrakech from World Scents
- JOUANY Saint Barthelemy from World Scents
- Miller Harris La Fumee
- Mountain High from smell bent
- Nectar of Love from April Aromatics
- November in the Temperate Deciduous Forest from For Strange Women
- Odin New York 06 Amanu from Foundry NYC
- Orcas by Ayala Moriel Parfums from Ayala Moriel Parfums
- Pandora from DSH Perfumes
- Painting-Picture Frame from Eclectic Collections
- Perfect Coconut Milk from Sarah Horowitz Parfums
- Petite Mort from Marc Atlan
- Rose Boheme Eau de Parfum from Providence Perfume Company
- Royal Lotus from Anya's Garden Perfumes
- Secret Garden from Aftelier Perfumes
- Siberian Snow by D.S. & Durga
- Signed, Sealed & Delivered from Eclectic Collections
- SOIVOHLE Leather Krem from Liz Zorn Perfumes LLC
- Sombre Negra from Yosh Olfactory Sense
- Staghorn Sumac by D.S. & Durga with Joya
- untitled no. 9 for luckyscent from DSH Perfumes
The Elements Showcase, the "curated showcase" is the brainchild of Ulrich Lang, Frederick Bouchardy and Jeff Lawson which has given unknown and emerging talented perfumers and visionaries an opportunity to literally showcase their products in an upscale atmosphere right in the midst of the bustling city of New York.
Elements Showcase not only provide perfumes a home to come to but personal care and home ambiance products are represented.
Bouchardy, Lawson and Lang brilliantly combined their passion for fragrances and business intuitive to establish the "Indie" FIFI Award Ceremony plus an Opening Night Reception. The Element Showcase 2012 is not just for one day. It will be open on Tuesday, Jan 31st, too!
To understand the fragrance business on must be involved in it. Mr. Lang established Ulrich Lang New York in 2003. While Mr. Bouchardy created Joya (which means "jewel" in Spanish) in 2004. Lastly but not least, Mr. Lawson shows his amazing talent as Art Fair Producer with the Elements Showcase who conceived this unique idea of an exhibition.
This exciting and much needed base for natural and niche fragrances is a dream come true. It brings hope and understanding to this category of visionaries who have far too often been overlooked.
I look forward to reporting on Elements Showcase 2012 and bringing the good news.
Photo Credits: photos courtesy of www.fifiawards.wordpress.com; www.elements-showcase.com; www.fragrantica.com
Information: www.ulrichlangnewyork.com; www.joyastudio.com; www.jefflawsoninc.com